The 3M Company is an American multinational conglomerate corporation operating in the fields of industry, worker safety, U.S. health care, and consumer goods. More than a century ago, 3M started as a small-scale mining venture in Northern Minnesota, then named Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company. Now a global powerhouse, 3M products improve the daily lives of people around the world.
3M supplies thousands of products to the global oil & gas industry. It delivers industry solutions across the entire value chain to help companies increase their productivity, efficiency, and safety for their workers
3M adhesives are available as liquids, pastes, tapes, films, and shaped solids. Each has characteristics to be considered for application effectiveness and efficiency.
Liquids and pastes readily fill voids to enhance mechanical adhesion. Many liquids can be sprayed to cover large areas.
Abrasives are ideal for heavy and high-pressure applications like weld removal, beveling, and other heavy grinding applications. There’s a 3M abrasive belt, disc, or wheel that could help boost productivity and safety in almost every application.
3M has been in business for over 100 years and entered the world of tape in 1925 when we invented masking tapes. 3M invention of Scotch Brand No. 33 Electrical Tape in the 1940s marked a new chapter for insulating electrical connections and for the past 70 years, groundbreaking improvements put 3M at the forefront of vinyl tape innovations.
PPE is equipment worn to minimize exposure to hazards that cause serious workplace injuries and illnesses. These injuries and illnesses may result from contact with chemical, radiological, physical, electrical, mechanical, or other workplace hazards. Personal protective equipment may include items such as gloves, safety glasses and shoes, earplugs or muffs, hard hats, respirators, or coveralls, vests, and full-body suits.
Popular Products from 3M
- 3M™ 1188 General Purpose Tape, Black, 19 mm x 10 yd, 500 Rolls/Case
Model: 7011586646SGD $0.55
- In stock3M™ E-A-Rsoft™ Yellow Neons™ One Touch™ Refill Earplugs 391-1004, Uncorded, Regular Size
Model: 7000002305SGD $89.00
- In stock3M™ Half Facepiece Reusable Respirator 7502/37082(AAD) Medium
Model: 7000002162SGD $36.22
- 3M™ Scotchcast™ Reenterable Electrical Insulating Resin 2123C (12.3 oz)
Model: 80611264419SGD $57.24
- Scotch® Rubber Mastic Tape 2228, 2 in x 10 ft, Black
Model: 7000005986SGD $46.15
- Scotch® Self-Fusing Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape 70, 1 in x 30 ft
Model: 7000006225SGD $57.45
- In stockScotch® Super 33+ Vinyl Electrical Tape, 3/4 in x 66 ft (19 mm x 20,1 m)
Model: 7000042541SGD $5.18
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Vinyl backed tapes have a strong, flexible, abrasion resistant PVC backing which provide a barrier from moisture and corrosive elements. They are often the first and most economical choice for primary and secondary insulation.
- Mastic tapes offer excellent adhesion and sealing characteristics to metals, rubbers, synthetic cable insulations and jackets. They provide UV resistance and are designed for outdoor conditions because they quickly and easily seal out moisture.
- Rubber tapes are designed for use in splicing and terminating wires and cables with options rated up to 69kV. They have excellent physical and electrical properties and are ideal for adding moisture protection and padding to electrical connections and cables.
- With 3M VHB Tapes, you can maintain consistency from sketch to construction, eliminating distracting, visible fasteners, like screws and bolts.
- These high-strength, double-sided acrylic foam tapes let you quickly and easily create a long-lasting bond that actually builds strength over time.
- With the ability to join a variety of materials including aluminum, steel, glass, plastics and painted and powder-coated surfaces, they provide resilient bonding solutions in just about anything you can dream up.