Electgo.com Personal Data Protection Policy:
Electgo.com and all its subsidiaries respect the privacy of all our customers and visitors, and are committed to safeguarding the personal information you provide to us. Please read this Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) to learn about how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and all the associated regulations and guidelines which may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission (“PDPC”) of Singapore.
By visiting or using Electgo.com websites, you agree to the terms of this Policy. Please review this Policy carefully before visiting or using our website, or otherwise providing us with any of your personal data.
For the conduct of Electgo.com’s business and operational needs, you may be requested to provide your personal particulars, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Full Name
- Residential Address
- Copy of identity card or Passport & Employment Pass
- Payment details, including credit card and banking information
- Contact details, including telephone number/s and/or email addresses
- Employment information
When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more “cookies.” By accessing our websites, you agree to receive these cookies on your device.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies. Generally, you can remove these cookies by following the directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. If you choose not to accept our cookie when you visit our websites, you may be restricted from some of our interactive features and services, which may be rendered inoperable.
Electgo.com currently uses your personal data for purposes not prohibited by existing applicable law, which are to:
- Process and respond to your requests and queries
- Send you information, updates and marketing and advertising materials in relation to events / services.
- Send you information, updates, and marketing and advertising materials in relation to events/activities organised by Electgo.com
- Compile data and conduct statistical or demographic analysis
- Send to insurance companies to process claims
- Comply with a court order or other legal processes or other legal requirements of any governmental authorities
- Maintain the safety and security of its premises with the use of security cameras
- Allow us to use in any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent
We will not use, disclose or process your Personal Data for purposes which are not stated above or for which we have not obtained your consent. If we wish to use, disclose or process your Personal Data for another purpose we will seek your prior consent.
Note: For 3 (b) and (c) above, you have the right to opt out of receiving such marketing information. You can do so by writing, calling or sending us an e-mail at our address or telephone number on our Websites. If you do not exercise your right to opt out of receiving such marketing information, you will be considered to have consented to receiving such marketing information and we may continue to provide such marketing information to you.
All personal data held by Electgo.com will be kept confidential but Electgo.com may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose for which the data was collected, provide such information to the following parties:
- Any person or company who is acting for or on behalf of Electgo.com, or jointly with Electgo.com, in respect of the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was provided;
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any ervices due or requested.
Should you wish to withdraw your consent from receiving marketing information or would not like your personal data to be shared among the affiliates or partners of Electgo.com, you may send us the appropriate withdrawal request.
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you have provided to us, please contact us at: [email protected] Relevant forms to update or change your personal information are on our websites.
Electgo.com keeps personal data as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary, taking into account its intended use and the interests of our customers and visitors. Where possible, we will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This will include the requests to see the original documentations such as Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address, before we proceed to use personal data.
Electgo.com protects personal data against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal data, regardless of the format in which it is held.
Online security is also a priority and Electgo.com incorporates security to protect personal data from unauthorized use, such as firewalls and other security software to protect its servers and networks from unauthorized use, access and tampering of files and other information that we store.
Electgo.com will retain your personal data only for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary for our legal or business purposes. Thereafter, Electgo.com will delete or destroy the personal data.
We reserve the right to modify or change this Policy at any time. We encourage you to review this page periodically to understand our policy regarding the collection and use of your personal data.